[plug] Samba w/NT

Garry Moir garry.moir at mcb.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 8 10:49:57 WST 1999

Assuming you're using tcp/ip, then just put the ip address of the Linux box
in the default gateway definition.
(Network Neighborhood->Protocols->TCP/IP->Properties->Default Gateway)
This also assumes that both the NT and Linux boxes are on the same subnet
(NT is brain dead when it comes to routing to a differnet subnet)

I haven't got NT to show Linux in the Network Neighborhood, but I don't
really mind about that, 'cos the NT mightn't know where the Linux is, but
the Linux knows where the NT is.

Hope some of that helps.
Cheers
Garry Moir