[plug] QuakeFest in March, GW as a training centre

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Mar 9 09:38:09 WST 1999

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Tamara Thompson wrote:

> This is probably impractical, but I was wondering if I could log into a
> Quake server from here in Tucson and play you guys when you have your
> fest.  ?  I'm a complete novice, but can probably get my kill rate up in
> the next two weeks.  <grin>

Of course it's possible, but I think you'll find it won't matter how much
of an expert you are because your ping times will be a wee bit high. (and
when you've got 400-600ms ping times, and everyone else has 35ms ping
times cos they're on the LAN, you don't stand much chance of staying alive
for long)

On the other hand if someone wants to run an ircd on their PC at GW, I'm
sure you can chat to people "live" - if people are interested.

 - Matt