[plug] Differences between gated and routed.

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Tue Mar 9 09:43:49 WST 1999

Hiya all,

I know this question might sound simple but I am just trying to get my head
around routed and gated and what the differences between the two are. From
what I understand (of the info I have3 read) gated is newer with more
support for routing protocols. Does this necessarily make it the best for a
home dialup proxy running IPmasq. ?  Is it even needed in this situation ?
And could certain protocols supported by gated be causing diald to bring the
link up ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.