[plug] UPS's with Linux support

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 9 23:14:14 WST 1999

>> Chris wrote last year (I think) about Alpha UPSs which came with Linux
>> support. I've just got a UPS which claims to be Alpha (sourced from
>> Atkins-Carlisle), but there aren't Linux drivers on the CD or floppy - or
on
>> the web site for that matter. I've downloaded genpower from sunsite and
>> intend to use it once I get the cable sorted out.
>
>Have a look at the UPS-HOWTO...
>http://www.linux.org.au/LDP/HOWTO/UPS-HOWTO.html
>
>Should answer your questions

Been there, done that    :-)

The FAQ is useful, but my question was specific about the Alpha in Perth
(while we're on the subject, why do the suppliers claim that Linux/UNIX
needs a different serial cable from Win9x/NT ?) and the difference between
my interpretation of Chris's email and the product that I took delivery of.

Paul