[plug] RH, RPM, and Drivespace

Christian christian at global.net.au
Wed Mar 10 09:39:13 WST 1999

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Richard Wiffen wrote:

> > The other big thing I wanted to know is, can RH mount a Drivespace compressed
> > W95 partition for reading and writing?  If not, I'll set up two partitions for
> > that, for exchanging files...
>
> I don't know about this one .... I've never used drivespace :(

I'm very sure that there isn't support in the kernel yet for mounting
drivespace partitions (or other compressed partitions).  I'm positive
I've never seen anything saying there was support and I'm pretty sure
I've seen something saying there wasn't.  Still, you'll be running Linux
happily soon so you can just nuke that Windows partition entirely. ;-)

Regards,

Christian.