[plug] Attempting to install redhat 5.2 over network

David Buddrige david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Wed Mar 10 13:27:51 WST 1999

Hi all,

I have a 486-DX-100 which I want to set up as a linux box with redhat 5.2 -
however it has no CD-ROM.  It does however have a network card.

Therefore, I'm intending to attempt to install RH by sharing out the CD-ROM
on an NT machine and connecting the two computers using a cat-5
cross-over-cable.

Has anyone any ideas as to how this is done (ie. HOWTO doco's I could
read??)  I've only ever installed via CD.  Is it an option on the Redhat
install disk?

(I'm gathering the info before I give this a shot this-evening after work).

Thanks guys

David....