[plug] Attempting to install redhat 5.2 over network

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Mar 10 14:03:07 WST 1999

David,
yes you can do it. It may help if you have used the card with Linux
before, and know any parameters needed.
  Boot from floppy, and follow the questions. For a 'howto', see the
redhat install guide. I think SMB installation is a new feature of 5.2.

good luck.

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, David Buddrige wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a 486-DX-100 which I want to set up as a linux box with redhat 5.2 -
> however it has no CD-ROM.  It does however have a network card.
>
> Therefore, I'm intending to attempt to install RH by sharing out the CD-ROM
> on an NT machine and connecting the two computers using a cat-5
> cross-over-cable.
>
> Has anyone any ideas as to how this is done (ie. HOWTO doco's I could
> read??)  I've only ever installed via CD.  Is it an option on the Redhat
> install disk?
>
> (I'm gathering the info before I give this a shot this-evening after work).
>
> Thanks guys
>
> David....

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
3rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped