[plug] PLUG is it inc

alex polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Wed Mar 10 13:40:18 WST 1999

The whole notion of $10 joining fee and expecting to get free CD's etc
appals me. If we are goint run a serious organisation and expect other
people to join then we need to present a business like image. There are
costs involved in running an association, group or whatever or you want
to call it. These costs are paid for from the members subscriptions.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. If we expect to get more out of
the group than we put in, then the group will not survive. Let's work
out what we want the group to achieve instaed of bledding it dry before
it starts properly.

I also doubt whether we will get any corporate members at $50 when
individuals can join for $10. Rather what will happen is the company
will get the employee to join as an individual and reimburse then the
$10. They have costs to control as well and they are no fools.

Let's start living in the real world.

Alex Polglaze