[plug] PLUG is it inc

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Wed Mar 10 15:15:42 WST 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, alex polglaze wrote:

> The whole notion of $10 joining fee and expecting to get free CD's etc
> appals me. If we are goint run a serious organisation and expect other
> people to join then we need to present a business like image. There are

I would like to think of the "free cd" (or whatever you wish to call it) a
service to members rather than a tool to get more members. The idea of a
user group is to support its members etc... I feel providing CDs is a good
way.
(I'm not thinking like the PC magazines include a CD and some people buy
it just for the CD, people wont pay to join plug just for a CD, and if
they join and dont want a CD - thats fine by me!)

Gavin