[plug] Attempting to install redhat 5.2 over network

David Buddrige dbuddrige at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:17:17 WST 1999

Hi Rob (and others)... 8-)

I'm at home, trying to get this machine installed with Linux... I gave
up trying to use SMB - basically it got to the install stage where it
requests the second supplementary disk.  I insert disk created from the
supp.img file, and press ok.

It then says "failed to mount /dev/fd0. and won't go any further than
that... 8-(

I'm now trying to set it up using FTP (from my home-linux machine to the
new system - but am having similar problem...

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks guys

David Buddrige... 8-)

>From: potter at central.murdoch.edu.au (Rob Potter)
>To: plug at linux.org.au
>Subject: Re: [plug] Attempting to install redhat 5.2 over network
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:16:38 +0800
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have a 486-DX-100 which I want to set up as a linux box with redhat
5.2 -
>>however it has no CD-ROM.  It does however have a network card.
>>
>>Therefore, I'm intending to attempt to install RH by sharing out the
CD-ROM
>>on an NT machine and connecting the two computers using a cat-5
>>cross-over-cable.
>>
>>Has anyone any ideas as to how this is done (ie. HOWTO doco's I could
>>read??)  I've only ever installed via CD.  Is it an option on the
Redhat