[plug] bbx files

Luigi Cantoni lui at stm0001.dialix.oz.au
Thu Mar 11 07:40:56 WST 1999

>  Hi folks,
>   (my apologies this isn't technically a Linux question, even though Linux
> will be involved in the end)
> 	I have some data files on an AIX server that i need to take off
> and convert to text format. Each file starts with <<bbx>>. A search of the
> web reveals that these files are produced from the Business Basic
> programming language. Has anyone had any with this language?
> 	While I'm here. :) The only way of getting the data off the
> server is either from a 2.88 meg floppy or a IBM 1.2 gig QIC-1000 back-up
> tape. Does anyone have any suggestions of who might be able to handle this
> media in Perth?
> TIA
> ...Nigel...
Two suggestions,
1) Can you network and send it to another machine first.
2) IBM are actually quite helpful, try them. If you get really
desperate by the end of next let me know as I will be talking
to someone I know over the weekend and can ask who might help you.
--
Thanks Luigi
Luigi Cantoni: lui at stm.com.au       ,-_|\         STM      P.O. Box 863