[plug] RedHat & Debian

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Mar 12 08:42:17 WST 1999

I use both.  I had problems setting up RH5.0 and 5.2 as a squid server with
a dialup to an ISP, but Debian worked out of the box.  So far I haven't got
a news server running on either, but I haven't committed much time either.

rpm seems to more accepted than dpkg.  I don't know if rpm is easier to
change about, but I installed Debian from CD and then removed the CD drive.
Now I don't seem to be able to tell dpkg to look to an nfs drive to install
other packages.

K.