[plug] Star Office and MS Office

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Mar 12 08:53:04 WST 1999

Bret Busby wrote:
> I believe that Star Office imports (and exports?) MS Office 97 files.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint, yes. Not Publisher, not LookOut.

> Does anyone know whether Star Office 5 can import the Outlook files; the
> .pst files or whatever, so that I could drop Outlook, but keep the emails
> and contacts, etc, in Star Office?

AFAIK, nothing can import the LookOut files. You might want to try a VB
macro to suck them out "by hand" from a live copy of LookOut into
something reasonably standards-oriented. Have you tries running that
email equivalent of a 200kg ballet dancer (ie, MS LookOut) under WINE?

--
"I used to wish the universe were fair.  Then one day it hit me: What
 if the universe were fair?  Then all the awful things that happen to