[plug] Corporate memberships

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Fri Mar 12 09:18:13 WST 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > I also doubt whether we will get any corporate members at $50 when
> > individuals can join for $10. Rather what will happen is the company
> > will get the employee to join as an individual and reimburse then the
> > $10. They have costs to control as well and they are no fools.
>
> Why is this important? From my POV, it's being penny-wise and
> pound-foolish. Most real-world business managers are also bright enough
> to understand this. Corporate membership could in that light be regarded
> as a minor intelligence test.

"Corporate member of the Perth Linux Users Group"

A status symbol? I can see it.

I reckon we should design a nifty PLUG logo and charge $750 for corporate
membership. That way, corporations who want to impress other corporations
will use PLUG corportate membership as a status symbol, much as they use
MCSE qualifications, the WA "birthmark", ISO9000, etc :).

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/