[plug] WINE and cheese night anyone?

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Sat Mar 13 08:22:45 WST 1999

At the next PLUG meeting (at the UCC, 22nd I believe) we will be
having a "desktop environment touch and feel" session. The idea is to
have a couple of boxes with GNOME/KDE/<whatever else> to allow people
have a bash and make up their own minds about where linux desktop
environments are going...

For the next UWA meeting (could we try for the UWA CS Dept?, what is
a good day of the week) I thought a WINE hands on session would be
interesting. I have a number of Win3.x packages that we could take
for a spin (eg: Corel Ventura which has a nasty habit of crashing)
and see if they are any more stable under WINE. If we have time we
could try a few Win95 apps as well. I am quite happy to supply some
cheese for the mice (or whoever else turns up).

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Catch up on the ZIP Plus backlog (drive back from waranty)
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) sleep
d) real life