[plug] WINE and cheese night anyone?

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 15 10:12:09 WST 1999

Sounds really great. When and where? I would like to try to get there.

Regards,
Chris Griffin

At 08:22 13/03/99 , you wrote:
>Thanks for using NetForward!
>http://www.netforward.com
>v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
>At the next PLUG meeting (at the UCC, 22nd I believe) we will be
>having a "desktop environment touch and feel" session. The idea is to
>have a couple of boxes with GNOME/KDE/<whatever else> to allow people
>have a bash and make up their own minds about where linux desktop
>environments are going...
>
>For the next UWA meeting (could we try for the UWA CS Dept?, what is
>a good day of the week) I thought a WINE hands on session would be
>interesting. I have a number of Win3.x packages that we could take
>for a spin (eg: Corel Ventura which has a nasty habit of crashing)
>and see if they are any more stable under WINE. If we have time we
>could try a few Win95 apps as well. I am quite happy to supply some
>cheese for the mice (or whoever else turns up).
>
>David Campbell
>campbell at torque.net
>Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
>(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
>Current project list:
>a) Catch up on the ZIP Plus backlog (drive back from waranty)
>b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
>c) sleep
>d) real life

                              \\\___///
                               (  @ @  )
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Support Engineer        |
| Email: chris at mitswa.com.au                            |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |