[plug] Quake Fest requirements

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 16 15:23:59 WST 1999

Phillip,
You would not require anything futher to what you allready have and
you can play your DOZE + Quake against us *nix + Quake people. If you
can bring your win98 disc as well as drivers it would be a good idea
and if we cant get ytour card running i will have about 10 cards with
me .

---Phillip Summers <psummers at omen.net.au> wrote:

> I am interested in attending the Quakefest. What equipment and
software
> would I require. I have never played "multiplayer" quake before,
would I be
> wasting my time due to my inexperience?
>
> I have Quake, 4Meg S3 video card, Cyrix 133 machine (W98 installed),
64mb
> ram.  Have a PCi network card but its currently not installed. Is
that all I
> need?
>
> Do I need to be running Linux + Quake Linux? I don't have linux
installed on
> this machine but on my i386sx25.
>
> Anyone on omen.net.au want to walk me through a multiplayer game
sometime
> during the next week? (quake.omen.net.au)
>
> Regards Phil

DRESS=GLOBAL+WARRIORS;:UNIT+2/:34:LEDGAR:RD::BALCATTA:6021:WA;2;08+9240-1266
> ;923
> >
> >Try out some of the zooming and other features; they work well.
> >
> >BTW, I looked on TerraServer, which said "acquired in 1987," and
lo! -
> >for there was a great white diagonal stripe across GW's entire
suburb!
> >Well, let's try MapBlast... oh, dear, Perth itself is now on the
beach
> >somewhere near Karrinyup, and there are only two highways, namely
Albany
> >and Great Eastern, in the whole city! I love these useful Web
resources,
> >don't you?
> >
> >Mr Allpike, do you have a link to a better image for us?
> >
> >--
> >"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The
> > literature was full of examples that said you can't do this."
> > -- Spencer Silver on the work that led to the unique
> >      adhesives for 3-M "Post-It" Notepads

==

Chris Cornish
Linux Computer World