[plug] Linux Virus Scanners

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 16 15:47:17 WST 1999

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 harveyb at wantree.com.au wrote:

> How many of viruses doues Linux/UNIX get anyway?
> I'm not talking about Macros Trojans & logic bombs I mean actual viruses.
> Do they have names? does anybody know someone who has been infected?

I read on the Macafee site that there is one for linux now, but the
company I work for uses Linux for mail servers on quiet a few clients
sites and are looking for a Virus Scanner that will scan incoming mail
attachments so that it can clean any viruses before they reach
workstations. A linux based scanner would also be useful for those people
who would use a Linux box as a file server (using Samba) could also set it
up to scan all files on the file server and hence stop the spread of
viruses across the network.

ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/