[plug] Linux Virus Scanners

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 16 15:49:48 WST 1999

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Mike Holland wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999 harveyb at wantree.com.au wrote:
>
> > How many of viruses doues Linux/UNIX get anyway?
> > I'm not talking about Macros Trojans & logic bombs I mean actual viruses.
>
> I think the idea is to look for _Windoze_ virii in the e-mail passing
> through. Personally, I would remove all executable attachments.
> Windows users seem dumb enough to run _any_ program that is sent to them.

But that isn't always possible as sometimes people are required to send
exe files for work related things, and there's also the abundant MS Office
macro virus strains as well to think of.

Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/