[plug] Gnome + Enlightenment + X Windows

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 13:32:29 WST 1999

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips muttered about GUI editors and VNC:
>
> Have you tried wine? If worst came to worst, if all you wanted to do is
> run wordpad.exe, I'm sure that particular app runs _flawlessly_ under
> Wine.

Txtpad doesn't work under WINE, and it's mainly the Text editor under Windoze I
use. I've yet to see an app run under WINE that I'm happy with.

> vnc password. (I was running KDE on my K6, remote displaying on the
> classic but it slowed down my x11amp mp3 player and we can't have that :)

Heck, no! Renice those MP3 players up! Can't have music degradation. ^_^

> I might try to compile KDE for Sparc one day. :) (when I've got a spare
> fortnight)

There are KDE packages for Solaris available. Not sure how they'd go on an ol'
Classic tho. Runs nice on an Ultra 5. ^_^

I've yet to use VNC Server on NT, altho I soon will be. I'll be setting up an
NT box for testing purposes. Basically for "Know Thy Enemy" reasons. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :