[plug] Re: VNC (was Gnome + Enlightenment + X Windows)

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Wed Mar 17 23:15:03 WST 1999

I've been using VNC for about 6 months now (mostly in an NT enviro). and
have found it to be an excellent tool easy to use and configure if a bit
resource hungry. (The newer version for NT fixes this though I think). There
was a really great article about its use in thye Linux Journal not long back
and it give some very good hints for running it in a Linux enviro. I think
it would be an interesting topic to discuss and compare the merits of VNC
with say running an Xserver with a redirected display.