[plug] Return Receipt on List (was M$ wants you to pay &Mac to go OSS)

Bill Cullen billc at wantree.com.au
Fri Mar 19 22:49:25 WST 1999

Really the issue of receipts should depend on your client. My client
in this case (Netscape messenger) gives me the option. Other email
clients may not support receipts at all.

Anyway, I always answer yes whenever someone sends a receipted
message to a mailing list. I figure that after they've received a
few hundred receipts they will soon get the message and turn
receipting off. I think it's bad netiquette (and impolite - your
saying that you don't trust the recipient) to send receipted
messages to a mailing list anyway.

So if you don't like receiving messages asking for receipts just
make sure you return the receipt.

Bill.