[plug] Return Receipt on List

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 21 18:28:23 WST 1999

I believe that the message below was one of the latest on this topic.

The messages that I received regarding this topic, total 15; 3 from me, 2
from separate people with no problems, the rest from 6 particular people
(one anonymous), adverse, except for one query. I cannot find the first
message that was mentioned; it must have been in a thread to which I did not
contribute.

Perhaps, the easiest solution, which would keep everyone happy, is for me to
keep going as I have been, and for those who do not like it, to either
direct any messages that they receive from me, to a directory that they do
not read, which I believe can be done, or, to switch off their receipting. I
believe that is a function of pine.

That is my intention.

For the sake of peace on the mailing list, and to reduce further wastage on
the mailing list about this topic, my email address is below; any further
comments that relate to the merits or otherwise of using receipting, should
perhaps be between me and the individuals concerned.

Bret Busby
bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au