[plug] Return Receipt on List

Christian christian at global.net.au
Sun Mar 21 19:24:12 WST 1999

Damion Hill wrote:

> I use Outlook at work and I request receipts as default there but all
> messages sent outside the health domain are sent in plain text
> with no receipting. It is easy to set this up for individual address.
> Create an address in your personal address book, set the send
> type to plain text and turn receipting off. That way you can send
> pretty messages to those who can read them and pure content to
> the list. Surely this would be an acceptable compromise?
> As previously mentioned, getting your own message back via the
> list should surely serve as an indication that it has been delivered.
> The decision you have made could well prevent those who know
> the answers to your questions from providing support. I thought the
> idea of this list was to promote the community of linux users in
> Perth and elsewhere. Why step in and try to stir that up?

You make perfect sense here Damion but this person has demonstrated that
he is unable to either listen to sense or to understand it.  In the end,
the brief amusement I got from someone who uses Microsoft Outlook
telling me that everyone else uses faulty mail programs was not enough -
perhaps someone will let me know off-list if/when this moron gets the
message and I'll take him out of my ~/.procmailrc.

Regards,

Christian.