[plug] Dual CPU's ...

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Mar 22 09:44:33 WST 1999

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Chris Cornish wrote:

> ---Trevor Phillips <phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

> > Right now I have this image of a Dual Celeron 400 system in my mind,
> and would
> > like to know peoples opinions on practicality, uses, and pricing...
> ^_^
>
> Hate to spoil it for you but celeron dosnot support duel procerssor
> suport how ever the Pentium II dose not.

Chris, I assume the last word in that sentence wasn't supposed to be
there. :)

Anyway, it IS possible to get 2 celerons to work SMP, so long as you're
game to "reprogram" your celerons with a soldering iron.  There's a
webpage describing how to do it.
Networx' Webmaster is running a dual Celeron 350 system.  One of his
celerons died on the operating table whilst performing the "modification"
so he had to buy a third, but they are now working well (even under NT4)
and the 3 celerons still cost him less than 2 PII's would have.

 - Matt