[plug] Easymail

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Mar 22 11:10:49 WST 1999

> Too much of a newbie to know about such software on Linux but here's an
> old-timer's trick which worked reliably bL (before Linux).
> Take two silicon signal diodes (1N914, 1N4148 or similar) and connect

Cool, there aren't too many opportunities left for good hardware hacks
left in computers. (Gone are the days when you could modify your floppy
controller or ports board.)

In this case, it would depend on Eeasymail using half duplex and clear
EOLs. That would work for sendmail, I guess, so maybe easymail too.
And if not, it may be too messy anyhow.

But is anyone seriously motivated on this? I'd never use it, but will
offer to look at the data.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
3rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped