[plug] Monitoring Serial & Parallel ports under Windoze (Re: [plug] Easymail)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 25 10:49:05 WST 1999

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Denis Brown wrote:

> Mike Holland wrote in part...
> >Anyway, reverse engineering the protocol sounds like fun.
> >Is there any existing software to log two rs-232 streams in parallel, so
> >you can see the sequence afterwards?

I just saw a message on the linux-kernel list that was posted the 23rd of
Feb (yes I'm almost a month, or 4529 messages, behind) that mentions the
URL http://www.sysinternals.com/portmon.htm

It will monitor all (or specified) serial and parallel ports under win9x,
nt4 and nt5/win2000

They've even got a version for NT-axp.

I don't know how well it will work, but thought I'd mention it for those
that are interested.