[plug] Trouble downloading StarOffice

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Tue Mar 23 10:08:50 WST 1999

steve at rumah.iinet.net.au wrote:
> Have I missed something obvious?

Maybe.

> I tried several times to register for the download on the StarOffice
> homepage, but after submitting the form I was returned to the same place,
> with the form filled in exactly as I had before.  (Only once was there any
> text in red, indicating an error when I tried 000 as the customer
> number.)

You do have to submit the form twice; it returns you to the form, and
asks you to confirm the details. When you hit Submit the second time,
you get to the next page which contains a registration key and customer
number.

--
"But these [serious NT security flaws] are not inherent flaws in the
 operating system -- they don't happen by accident. They are the result