[plug] 2.2.3 and PPP

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Mar 23 15:40:38 WST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au wrote:

> I had the exact same problem... it's nothing to do with the kernel - u need
> to upgrade to the latest pppd.  Apparently, 2.2.x requires the latest
> version (I forget which one that is, but someone on this list should know).
> After I upgraded pppd, it was fine... 8-)

It's been stressed before, and I'll stress it again.

When you upgrade to 2.2.X you HAVE to make sure you have upgraded all
utilities listed in the Documentation/Changes file in the linux kernel
source, to at least the versions mentioned therein.

Upgrading your Debian to slink (2.1), or your RedHat to their latest
version (5.2?) should ensure you have all the latest utilities.

 - Matt