[plug] Linux for Dummies

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Mar 23 16:51:37 WST 1999

Christian wrote:

> Mim Morcom wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone had a chance to look at Linux for Dummies 99, and is it
> > worth buying ?
>
> Important points:
> a)  Linux is not for dummies.
>
> b)  Why would you want to buy a book then making that purchase is
> basically insulting yourself? :)

Because they're good books? ^_^
I teach UNIX to a bunch of Surveyors and Cartographers, and as far as
UNIX goes (and even general computing for most), they ARE dummies. I've
been told by several students that they got one of the UNIX-related
Dummies books, and it helped them a lot.

But, I can't prescribe it as the Reccommended Text with a title like
that.^_^;;;

And we were all Linux dummies at one stage or another. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :