[plug] Linux for Dummies

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Mar 23 17:15:49 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Christian wrote:

> > b)  Why would you want to buy a book then making that purchase is
> > basically insulting yourself? :)
>
> Because they're good books? ^_^

Maybe they are - but they have a lousy title. :P Besides, from what I've
seen of them they're nowhere near the class of O'Reilly's.

> And we were all Linux dummies at one stage or another. ^_^

Certainly - but the book is not "Linux for Linux Dummies" but "Linux for
Dummies", ie, if you want to learn Linux and you're a dummy, this is the
book for you...  Quite honestly, with a name like that, I don't know if
I'd read them no matter how good they were!

Regards,

Christian.