[plug] Linux for Dummies

Mim Morcom kaos at networx.net.au
Tue Mar 23 18:22:50 WST 1999

Thank you all for your input.... I got a litttle bit of a laugh out of your
reactions (which I don't do enough these days). Anyway I had a look at the
book and although it gave a small amount of extra info to the APC
Pocketbook, it was no more helpful..... although it does come with RH5.2
(which means nothing since the Pocketbook does too !!!!!).

I have not as yet decided on what I will buy, but will keep all of your
suggestions in mind.

BTW: I do not consider myself a dummy, but from what I have seen the
'Dummies' and "Complete Idiots Guide' series do give beginners a little more
of a grasp on the technology, at a much lower cost than the average computer
course.