[plug] Animations ...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 24 14:48:46 WST 1999

Another "need to have" for Linux to reduce reliance on Windoze was a good
animation player. I've now installed xanim along with aktion (??), along with
the myriad codecs available on the xanim site, and am happy to say I'm most of
the way there! Seems it'll play all AVI's I throw at it. Only missing major
codec is the one they use for the StarWars trailers (QT3?)

One bug I do have, though, is that it won't play MPG's! Worse than that, it
doesn't give a bug, but jams xanim and I have to kill it off! Has anyone else
experienced this problem with the latest xanim and MPG animations??

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :