[plug] X Proxy ...

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Mar 24 08:36:35 WST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Here's another one. ^_^
> Anyone know how to simply set up an X-Windows proxy??

I had a play with lbxproxy about 2 years ago, but found it too slow to be
useful even over a modem, so gave up on that idea. It was, however, real
easy to set up.

(run "lbxproxy -display server:0 :0" on the client machine, then set
$DISPLAY on the client machine to client:0)

> Any simple guides out there? (X Proxy for Dummies? -_^)

How about the LBX mini howto?

/usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/LBX.gz on my system, and archived somewhere on
www.linux.org.au

 - Matt