[plug] Linux setup over a network

Bradley Browne brad at argo.net.au
Wed Mar 24 18:41:00 WST 1999

I realize that this list had some posts on setting up Linux over a
network some time ago but I don't remember what the solution was.

I have the opportunity to set up Linux on on of the machines that I use
to run a DOS program for editing.  Seems a shame to waste the computer
just running DOS when I think I could emulate DOS and use have it
running Linux instead.

The problem is that I do not have a CD-ROM for this machine and very
little knowledge of the network install options for Linux (actually Red
Hat).  We have an NT server (with CD-ROM) and I was wondering if I could
maybe specify that the install should run from that.  Is that the NFS
option ?

 I am trying to do this tonight.  My boss has left work and I am going
to swiftly delete all flotsam and jetsam from the DOS machine and get it
running Linux by tomorrow so that he will not even notice the
difference. He He.

Any help appreciated,

brad