[plug] WINE and cheese night

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Mar 25 08:59:07 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> > I intend to SlashDot the announcement about a fortnight beforehand,
> > presuming that we have a venue confirmed, and post it to a few news
> > groups and at least one news paper. I would like to invite a few
> > "industry leaders" and maybe pollies as well, and am wondering exactly
> > who I should invite (-: besides the local Microsoft manager, of course
> > :-).

> Woah! Sounds pretty serious! I didn't think WINE was quite all there yet to be
> giving full-on demo's to non-Linuxers. ^_^

It's there enough to demo apps that we know work well, and to set up
some boxes to break apps that people bring along. The Open Source thing
to do is to tell them that we would like to test-run a wide variety of
_their_ apps to glean information for making WINE better. WINE does get
better with age, after all...

--
"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you
take."