[plug] Positioning of responses in email

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 25 09:51:11 WST 1999

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Navarre wrote:
> > Is there any convention in putting the reply in the top or the bottom of
> > an email. I currently use Netscape mail as part of version 3 gold. My
> > preference is to place the reply at the top as I have done here.
> > Comments please.
>
> I prefer to include the text in context. It makes the whole idea easier
> to read, and _much_ easier to pick up amongst either lots of messages or
> lots of time.

Same here. In context, or at the bottom, so you're reminded of what the
reply is to. Don't know about the old netscape, but the new one has the
option to Auto-insert previous message and leave the cursor at the
bottom of the quoted text.

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :