[plug] quoting in replies

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 25 09:57:09 WST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Navarre wrote:

> Is there any convention in putting the reply in the top or the bottom of
> an email. I currently use Netscape mail as part of version 3 gold. My
> preference is to place the reply at the top as I have done here.

Dear "wondering" of omen,

Certtainly. It is better to edit down to the minimal points you are
replying to and interleave with your comments.
If you absolutely _must_ repeat the entire post, please leave it at the
bottom. There is little worse than having to scroll through 4 pages of
irrelavance to find a reply. Especially the 2-line or "me-too" variety.
</rant>
Its all just practical really, to make it easier to read.

See Leon or Matt K's recent posts for good examples of net etiquette.

There must be some good articles on the net for this stuff ???

regards,

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
3rd Law of Computing:
        Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped