[plug] 2.2.3 and smbmount

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 25 11:33:50 WST 1999

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> I noticed there was a 1.9.18 smbfsx package. Just checked the Unstable
> packages and there's a 2.0.3. I assume that's the one I want?
> Downloading it now.

1.9.18 should be fine. It's the version of samba the package came from.
I still use smbfsx 1.9.18

> On a semi-related question: If I add an unstable site to my dselect
> sources, it upgrades to ALL the unstable ones.

Yes I know, and I find it equally annoying, which is one of the reasons I
don't use dselect after I've installed the initial system, unless I _want_
to upgrade the whole lot.

> Is there an easy way to
> get it to keep to the latest stable, unless specified? At the moment I'm
> just installing the unstable ones manually. (ie; download then dpkg -i)

I use apt, and stay the hell away from dselect.

Hopefully the new apt frontend that will appear in the next few versions
of debian will make this a bit easier.  Perhaps someone else on the list
who follows the Debian news a little more closely than I do can comment on
this (Greg? Lindsay?)

> Do you know if autofs works with Samba mounts now?

*shrug*

Never used autofs.

 - Matt