[plug] VMWARE

Brad Campbell defence at omen.net.au
Fri Mar 26 09:54:48 WST 1999

Peter Caffin wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Brad Campbell wrote:
> > Anyone looked at this before ?
> > http://www.vmware.com
> > A friend has it running on his redhat 5.2 box with
> > Win 95 running in an X window.
>
> *grin* The recommended system requirements make StarOffice 5.0 look lean!
> If you've got the cash for the upgraded PC, go for it.

Hmm, see I have 2 machines on my desk, the Windows box has a K6-2-300
128mb PC100
SDRAM and 11Gig of HD, and the Linux box has a K6-2-333, 64mb PC100
SDRAM and 3.2 Gig HD.
I'm not sure the system requirements are really a problem :p)

I bet you can't tell me which machine is faster, more responsive and has
an average uptime
of over 30 days... ;p)
BTW, my print spooler, running Debian 1.3, and Kernel 2.0.29 has just
cracked 140 Days uptime
with NO UPS, it uses so little juice while idle, the Caps in the power
supply have maintained
it throuth several 5 second blackouts with no hiccups :p)

--
Brad Campbell
Email :- defence at omen.net.au
  /"\