[plug] communicator and kernel

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sun Mar 28 11:54:47 WST 1999

strkefoc wrote:
> I have two questions I've just upgraded the comunicator from 4.07 to
> 4.51 on Red Hat but the problem arises after the installation.
> Everything worked fine but everytime I start up netscape communicator or
> navigator I get a problem in the fact that it goes to 4.07.  I
> understand that you have to change the link but does anyone know how to
> do that cause I don't any suggestions would be helpful.

which netscape

to see where the one you;re running (presumably from RH install?) is; rm
-r `which netscape` to remove it (not completely, but enough for your
purposes; you might also try rpm -U netscape-communicator netscape).
USUALLY, NS installs in /usr/local/netscape so I recommend (all of this
as root) ln -s /usr/local/netscape/netscape /usr/local/bin/netscape

> If your downloading the 2.2.4 you wouldn't need the patches would
> you cause it would have it already built in wouldn't it.

You're right.

--
The difference between being a system admin and a sewage worker:
 Either way you spend your day up to your neck in the waste products of