[plug] First computer (was Re: {plug} Install)

steve at rumah.iinet.net.au steve at rumah.iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 28 13:48:07 WST 1999

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Robert Potter wrote:

> >And when I was a lad, my first computer had 4K of memory, a 32x16 line

> >Anyone remember the Electronics Australia 2650 Microcomputer?

> If we are getting into a competition here, then my first computer was a
> Sinclair ZX81 with 1k RAM!  8-)

Snap!

> But I couldn't make it do anything 'cos it had a Sinclair'ed version of
> BASIC to work in so little RAM.

What?  You never coded in the dodge-the-blocks game?  I think there was a
lunar lander too.  I also have a Timex 1000 (same thing with 2k RAM and a
Timex badge) which ran a FLIGHT SIMULATOR when the 16k Ram card was
working.  :)

The C=64 was kind of fun too.  :)

And after the Amiga I could never be satisfied with that microsoft dog

Cheers.

--
Stephen Gill                       ABC-TV Cameraman/editor/soundman
Contact Net Services (& video)	   Freelance cameraman/non-linear editor