[plug] 486's and RAM

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 29 13:20:23 WST 1999

Mike; do you have two 16MB fast page chips? if so, what price? I have (I
think) 4 x 8 MB EDO chips in the box that I am using now; it was 16MB,
upgraded to 32MB, when another box had 32MB RAM put in it (I am not sure
what that 32 MB RAM is). Thus, a swap might not be as appropriate as a buy.
I have not bought the 2 x 16MB EDO RAM chips; I'd look pretty silly if I did
that, and then found it needs fast page RAM.

Regarding the fast page/EDO issue, perhaps, depending on the venue, it might
be best if I took the box to the WinE and Cheeeze evening, and, if so, if
you are going, Mike, or anyone else who has the RAM, also the RAM could make
an appearance, so we could get it all together and sorted out (and who
knows; maybe get Linux and WinE and M$Office 97 running on it (?)).

Bret Busby