[plug] Help overclocking celeron 300A required

Jamie Moir moir at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 30 00:01:51 WST 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:

> I have founfd the ABIT and celery combo to be excellent. I am running it
> with a Matrox AGP G200 Gard that work great as a linux box (still get fatal,
> illegal errors when shuttinf down windows).

i have the bh6/celeronA at 464/g200 combo and oddly its aplmost stable in
windows heh, ive not really had that problem with the illegal exception so
that problem isnt peculiar to the abit boards, conversely in linux only
quake seems to crash it when mucking that up :)

>I am afraid that you are going
> to have to get the abit motherboard though.

voltage contol is allegedly possible through the newer aopen boards as
well

>Someone once told me that
> celerys are Intel's reject chips i.e. those ones that didn't meet the specs
> for the pentium 450's 500's etc. The quality has seem to have gotten worse
> and some only seem to overclock at 2.2v.

iirc the chips cant ever be p2s, they are constructed differently with the
cache on die on the celerons and not on the p2s

> Simline Computers do overclocking
> and the guy patrick is very knwoledgeable about the subject. You can get
> there web page at http://simline.com

simline with john and patrick are fine people to buy from, most of my last
computer came from them, alothough *smacx* they offered me a soundcard
with no linux support, they will get better with training *grin*

jamie