[plug] Help overclocking celeron 300A required

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Tue Mar 30 09:09:42 WST 1999

> Phillip Summers wrote:
> I am upgrading from my socket 7 machine. I have picked up a celeron
> 300A which should overclock to 450 (I hope). I haven't purchased the
> motherboard or memory yet. I was hoping I could use someone elses
> machine to test wether it would overclock to 450 at 2v. If not, then I
> would know that I needed an Abit BH6 motherboard that allows voltage
> stepping in 0.05 increments. I have heard that the BH6 is not the best
> motherboard but the voltage stepping is invaluable for overclocking.

I think Azza mainboards (from SI in Fremantle, for example) will do this
OK, at least as far as 550MHz (pardon the dribble of silicon running out
from under your Celeron...

--
 > "We have two ears and one mouth, so we may listen twice as much
 > as we speak" Epictetus (Whoever he was)
Aha! This obviously explains many people's attitude to Usenet: "We
have ten fingers and two eyes, so we may type five times as much
drivel as we actually bother to read." -- Arthur Chance, on usenet