[plug] Help overclocking celeron 300A required

Jamie Moir moir at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 30 10:34:08 WST 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> BTW: I'm considering the Celeron 400, with the possibility of
> overclocking it to almost 500 (83MHz bus was it? Can't remember the
> stats. Was of SharkyExtreme?). From what I've read, it's recommended to
> have a 'kin huuuge muffin fan (or array of them), plus ample case
> ventilation/additional fans.

my celeron is clocked from 300 > 464 and i am only using the standard
retail fan, i have done a couple of other things though, fitted a front
fan to my case, and reversed the power supply fan, the case is an in-win
midi atx, 3x 5 1'4 bays, 3? x 3 1/2 bays, slide out mboard tray etc tec,
really very good build quality, i own a couple of them actually :)

actually never really had bad heat problems with it either despite the
7200rpm uw scsi in it as well

jamie