[plug] Microsoft Vs Linux ...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Mar 30 20:11:09 WST 1999

Ok, we pretty much agree:
  - Microsoft Sucks (their marketing/business practices, etc)
  - Linux is better (stability, efficiency, etc)

And we here use Linux. Which of the above reasons is peoples main reason
for using Linux??

Myself, it was more the second, although I've only recently started
using Linux for my desktop since the latest releases of more of those
Desktop necessities (in my mind). Been using it as a Network Gateway/
Webserver development for ages tho.

<Ramblings>
I had to use Windoze at work today, and it felt so WEIRD (after being
99% linux for over a week). No X-mouse! Shonky third-party (as opposed
to good third party?) Virtual Desktop support. And the NEED to use VNC
(as opposed to by choice).

To top it all off, I did my once a year trick of going to hit Enter, and
pressing Del just before (don't ask! I've done it several times). ie;
Hilight "Work" folder, press Delete, Windoze asks "Are you sure?", I hit
Enter, choosing the default "Yes". BLINK! All that work gone. *sob*

And NEdit is brilliant!! Was HTMLising a Tutorial for my class, and was
getting sick of manually adding bold/italic/code markups around bits, so
I threw together a few macros and bound 'em to keys. (Whats more, the
Macros are only there while editing HTML docs!) Sorry, I just found that
incredibly neat... ^_^;;;
</Ramblings>