[plug] CD Audio FileSystem

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Wed Mar 31 19:26:08 WST 1999

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> > > but the Linux Q2 requires certain file permissions and ownerships set.
> > > Which can't be done on the VFAT volume.
> Greg Mildenhall wrote:
> > Are you certain? I am sure I have seen this working fine a couple of times
> > before. Is it the user-specific settings files?
> Ummmm. From memory it wanted one of the files to be owned by root
> (possibly suid as well) to run.
Hmmmm. You are using the svga version, I presume? That need to run suid.
Perhaps you should just make a suid wrapper on an ext2 filesystem?
The perlsec manpage gives the following:

           #define REAL_PATH "/path/to/program"
           main(ac, av)
               char **av;
           {
               execv(REAL_PATH, av);
           }

If you compile that and setuid-root it, it should be an effective wrapper
to the Quake2 binary.

-Greg