[plug] Misc. Questions.

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 31 22:50:10 WST 1999

A few questions:
  - With NFS, is it possible to set up a share to map UID's to different
ID's. ie; sharing to a system where user account ID's don't match, but
having a translation table of UID's between systems
  - What's the script run when X-Windows logs in? Is it the same when
KDM logs in to KDE? ie; For starting apps upon login without resorting
to the Autostart folder (which seems to have some problems)
  - Has anyone encountered a problem where logging out of KDE freezes
the machine? Keyboard/mouse not responding, network not responding. Dead
as a can of spam. I have a P133 doing it, and it's been doing it with
HAMM and Slink (w. 2.2.x kernel), and still freezes upon clicking KDE's
Logout (X) button.

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :