[plug] Misc. Questions.

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Mar 31 23:13:00 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> >   - What's the script run when X-Windows logs in? Is it the same when
>
> Are you using XDM? (gui login)  Try .xinitrc, or .xsession

It's KDM, but from what I've seen, it seems to depend on XDM. I'll
experiment. ^_^

> And i was joking about mounting the whole disk setuid-root.
> It must be Bill Gruff's influence.

I thought it seemed a bit strange. Bit too tired for it to yell at me

Another question:
  - Any idea how I can get rsync going between a Solaris 2.6 box and
Debian 2.1?? Testing rsh, from Debian to Solaris gives "select: protocol
failure in circuit setup", while the other way around just gives
"Permission denied."

(I'm trying to set up a stable dir both at work and at home that's
mirrored, for general config files, etc... Almost to the point where
I'll give up and write a custom app in Perl. ^_^;;)

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :